colourQ ROYAL COURT DESIGN TEAM

 

10.04.2009

colourQ challenge #1



Welcome to the first challenge!

I love color challenges & typically like to pair them with sketch challenges, and with the plethera of sketch challenges out there I usually can't find enough color challenges to go around! So for the last year, I really wanted to introduce my own color challenge and decided to finally do it!

Besides stamping, I like surfing the web for a variety of interesting things and often come across great color combos - which I'll share with you each week in the form of a color challenge. All colors will be based on Stampin' Up!'s color families. Since I am a demo for SU!, all of my samples will be using SU! supplies, you are not required to use SU!, but if you've got it - why not flaunt it - lol!

I'll post a new challenge each Tuesday, and you'll have until the following Sunday at 11: 59 pm Central to link your creation to Mister Linky. The next day, Monday, I'll post the image of my favorite entry whose creator will be the colourQueen of the week & be able to display the colourQueen badge! She'll also have the opportunity to be the guest designer for the challenge to be posted 2 weeks later.

The inspiration for this week's challenge is a beautiful rug from Urban Outfitters. And here is my sample based on the colors:


Thank you so much for stopping by & I can't wait to see what you do with this week's colourQ!
Click Mister Linkey (sorry, he'll be updated to the newer version soon) below & add your name & the direct link to your image! Any mis-linked creations are subject to deletion, but I will try to contact you if I have to delete it, so that you can try again! ~Arielle

5 Comentários:

Cindy Lee said...

Your card is beautiful!!! Love the color combo!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

You card is beautiful - I love the colors I'm going to give this one a try. I love color challenges, so I'm excited to see this :)

Have a great one !!

Beverly S. said...

Just posted my card on Mr. Linky. :) Thanks for the fun challenge. :)

Beverly S. said...

I posted the wrong link on #5. (Aaaaggghhh!) My card is on #6 (please ignore #5). I hate it when the computer is "smarter" than me and I screw up. :)

Fia said...

Love this challenge. I will do every colour challenge from the start!
Here is the first one.http://fiaskapar.blogspot.com/2010/08/skona-sondag.html

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you had fun playing with the challenge, but if you didn't play, I hope you will soon! ~Arielle

THE FINE PRINT

colourQ © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO